|Bank of China Hong Kong Branch commenced operation on September 24, 1917.|
In 1950, the Branch was officially placed under the leadership of Bank of China Beijing Head Office.
In November 1951, the Branch moved into the new Bank of China Building located at No.2A, Des Voeux Road Central.
In the early 1980s, initiated and led by its Head Office, the Bank of China Hong Kong Branch joined with 13 other banks in Hong Kong and Macau to form the Bank of China Group.
On 19 March 1990, the Branch moved into the new, world-renowned Bank of China Tower located at No.1, Garden Road, Hong Kong.
In May 1994, the Bank started to issue Hong Kong Dollar notes and became one of the three note-issuing banks in Hong Kong.
In 1996 and 1999, Bank of China took its turn as a chairman bank of The Hong Kong Association of Banks.
The Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited is created on October 1, 2001. It is the result of the merger of the following member banks of the Bank of China Group: Bank of China Hong Kong Branch, The Kwangtung Provincial Bank, Sin Hua Bank Limited, The China & South Sea Bank Limited, Kincheng Banking Corporation, The China State Bank, Limited. The National Commercial Bank Limited and The Yien Yieh Commercial Bank Limited (all of which are incorporated in the People's Republic of china), and Hua Chiao Commercial Bank Limited and Po Sang Bank Limited (both of which are incorporated in Hong Kong).
From rear to front, Bank of China - Hong Kong Branch, Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corperation Limited, and Standard Chartered Bank
Bank of China - Hong Kong Branch appears on the following banknote(s):